General Privacy Information
1. Personal information protection system
We have created and maintain a system designed to properly protect user information. We have also established a compliance program, which is continually implemented and updated, that requires board members and employees to protect personal information.
2. Managing personal information security
We are careful that users’ personal information is managed safely, accurately, and in the latest status when acquiring, using, storing and canceling/deleting said information, and we ensure that the information will not be leaked nor wrongly accessed.
Furthermore, the ENEOS Group may subcontract part of this work and provide personal information to the work subcontractor to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In such a case, we sign an agreement with said work subcontractor(s) regarding the handling of personal information and take other steps necessary for appropriate subcontractor management and supervision.
3. Clarifying the purpose of use
When acquiring personal information, we clarify its intended purpose of use along with other matters in accordance with the relevant laws, etc., and then either inform the user thereof directly or publicly disclose said matters. We use personal information for the following purposes.
- For contact / responses to business partners (including personal customers and businesses that may become business partners) regarding work / transactions
- To give information about and provide products and services to business partners
- To carry out subcontracted work in cases where the ENEOS Group receives the provision of products or services from a business partner or is entrusted with handling of personal information
- To respond to legal obligations or demands (including reports to domestic and international regulatory bureaus, judicial / administrative agencies, and stock exchanges and responding to audits thereof)
Furthermore, in the following cases, we may use personal information without contact to the user directly or public disclosure.
- If there is a risk that informing the user of or publicly disclosing the purpose of use may damage the life, health, property, or other rights and profits of the user or a third party
- If there is a risk that informing the user of or publicly disclosing the purpose of use may damage the rights or appropriate profits of the ENEOS Group
- If cooperation is required for a national agency or regional organization to fulfill legally determined work and there is a risk that informing the user of or publicly disclosing the purpose of use may impede the fulfillment of the said work
- If the purpose of use is deemed obvious from the status of acquisition
4. Provision to third parties
As a rule, we do not share personal information with third parties. However, in the circumstances listed hereafter, personal information may be shared with or disclosed to a third party.
- If permission has been granted by the user
- If the information is to be shared with a separate entity with which we have a confidentiality agreement and when required to fulfill the ENEOS Group’s objectives
- If personal information is to be shared within the ENEOS Group or with a specific entity, such as a company, and when this has been publicly disclosed or the user has been informed of such
- If the information must be shared or disclosed as an exception for legal reasons
- If disclosure or provision is required to prevent danger regarding the life, health, or property of the user or a third party
5. Transfer of personal information to overseas
If providing personal information to a third party, such as an overseas business partner, including work subcontractors and parties with shared use, the ENEOS Group takes the necessary and appropriate measures determined by law.
6. Use of anonymized information
The ENEOS Group may use personal information having turned it into statistical information or having otherwise edited it to prevent personal identification, in order to improve our products and services. In such a case, we do not acquire descriptions deleted from the said personal information or information regarding the processing method, nor do we compare the said anonymized information with other information in order to identify an individual in the personal information used to create the anonymized information. Also, we take the necessary and appropriate measures regarding the handling of anonymized information.
7. Handling of inquiries and requests for the disclosure, change, or stoppage of use of personal information
If a user contacts us about the handling of their personal information or requests that we disclose, change, or stop using their personal information, we will handle their inquiry or request quickly and properly after first verifying their identity.
- Inquiries to this company
- ENEOS Corporation
- When making an inquiry, please first agree to the content listed at https://www.eneos.co.jp/english/contact/.
- Inquiries to other companies in the ENEOS Group
Please contact the respective company. If you inquire at the location listed above in (1), please be aware we may forward your inquiry to the respective Group company.
Ota Katsuyuki, President
Handling of personal information on this website
1. Collection of user information
In line with the purpose defined on this website and in accordance with using this website’s services, we may ask users for the following information. A user’s personal information will not be used for any reason other than its intended purpose of use.
- The user’s name, email address, zip code, address, telephone number, etc.
- The user’s age, date of birth, gender, job, company name, etc.
- The user’s interests, magazines to which the user subscribes, etc.
- Services the user uses, the user’s hobbies, etc.
- To prevent users who use our membership services from having to input their password each time they visit this website
- To statistically process data on users’ activity on this website for the purpose of improving our website services
- To provide users with services that are relevant to their interests and to customize services to satisfy each individual user
Technology for saving and reusing the information about the user who accessed the website.
Technology for measuring how many times access was performed to the specific page.
3. Use of user access logs
Information such as when and from where a user has accessed our website is compiled on our web server or ASP-type measurement server as an access log. We may use such data for the reasons listed below. Note that such data cannot be used to identify an individual.
- To identify the source of and solve any server related problems that arise
- For administration of this website
4. Blocking cookies
Your browser can be set to block cookies or to display a warning message when cookies are received.
Most services on this website can be used without cookies. However, without cookies, the services may be limited, and you may not be able to use some services.
5. Security measures
To protect users’ personal information, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is used by the following services on this website.
- Online inquiry forms
6. Personal information protection policy changes and notification
These policies may be changed in part or in whole. Notice of any changes will be posted on this website.
7. Use of advertisement distribution service
- Using the opt-out (suspension of advertisement distribution) method provided by said third party, you can stop user visit/action history information that is collected by said third party from being used for advertisement distribution.
Personal information used within our transfer and product delivery work
To facilitate the transfer of funds between customers and parties to transactions, we collect personal information from both customers and parties to transactions. This information is not used for any other purpose.