Established in 1888 and headquartered in Tokyo, ENEOS is Japan’s largest oil company, with manufacturing and sales facilities throughout the world. With a unique position in its home market, ENEOS has worked with Japan’s automakers and leading race teams for decades, creating advanced lubricants with vehicle engineers to provide optimum fuel economy with maximum power and long-term protection.
With our approach tailored to each manufacturer, ENEOS has developed engine and transmission oils for the majority of car manufacturers throughout Japan and Asia. Each partnership begins with an invitation from an automotive manufacturer to develop vehicle-specific lubricants.
- In-house testing facilities that follow strategies developed with each OEM partner to meet its ideal oil specifications
- Factory fill and/or service fill lubricants are supplied to the majority of vehicle manufacturers throughout Asia
ENEOS engine and transmission oils are designed to anticipate future requirements beyond current domestic standards. The result of our development helps to ensure vehicles leave the factory with the highest possible specification in terms of fuel economy, emissions, performance and durability. And ENEOS can provide the same standard of lubrication to help ensure peak performance throughout the vehicle’s life thanks to our range of service oils.
Our obsession with quality and innovation is more than just a statement – It’s why we’ve been trusted by OEMs for almost half a century.
ENEOS has announced a new EV Fluid Series. The line of six dedicated EV fluids (listed below) has been developed by the same engineers and chemists who work alongside the majority of leading car makers in Japan and Asia. Currently, ENEOS engineers and chemists are working closely with many vehicle manufacturers to create the latest lubricants, continuously improving vehicle efficiency through reduced friction, lower emissions, improved fuel consumption and greater longevity. And as the future of automotive development looks towards electric vehicles, ENEOS also tasked its development teams to look at alternative fuel vehicle concepts, particularly in terms of lubrication and cooling. The new ENEOS EV Fluid Series is now being offered to existing OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) partners and the rest of the world’s EV manufacturers to help improve vehicle efficiency.
- ENEOS EV FLUID Gear Protection: A fluid to enhance the performance and increase the protection of reduction gears
- ENEOS EV FLUID HV AT: A specialized fluid for automatic transmissions in electric/hybrid vehicles
- ENEOS EV FLUID Motor Cool: A fluid with a balance of gear lubricity, motor cooling, and electrical insulation properties
- ENEOS EV FLUID Energy Saving: A fluid to maximize the performance of motor cooling and energy-saving through very low friction
- ENEOS EV FLUID Isolation: A fluid to maximize electrical insulation for safety
- ENEOS EV FLUID Battery Cool: A specialized coolant for battery packs and electrical components
In addition to its OEM partnerships, ENEOS has a long history of motorsports involvement at the highest level. This has allowed us to focus on engine and transmission oil development, which has been tested and proven under the harshest conditions.
ENEOS has worked with the Honda Formula One Team, Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP team, as well as leading competitors in NASCAR, Super GT, World Rally, Rallycross, Formula DRIFT, World of Outlaws, and many more.
Through our ongoing motorsports involvement, ENEOS has been able to apply lessons learned on the track to improve our formulations for passenger vehicles in terms of power and protection at high temperatures and high RPM. We have also developed the ENEOS RACING Series oils for amateur and professional racing drivers to provide cold-start protection and extended high-temperature running while helping to increase power with low-friction formulations.