The NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) held the Overton’s 300 this past Saturday at Chicagoland Speedway (home of the ENEOS USA main office).
- Prior to the race, Larson earned his first NXS pole of the season, which was also the first pole won by the No. 42 Chevy this season
- Larson had to start at the tail of the field after the team was forced to change the right front tire following qualifying when a puncture was discovered
- By the end of Stage 1, Larson had raced up to sixth, and won the second stage
- In total, Larson led 80 of 200 laps today
- Larson has now won in two of three Xfinity starts this season, and has led laps in all three Xfinity starts
- The caution flag was shown four times for a total of 21 laps
- The lead changed 13 times among seven drivers
“Our ENEOS Chevy was great today; it was fun to finally dominate one of these races and finish it off with a win. It’s also great to get the win here in Chicago with ENEOS since it’s their home base here in the US.
We really struggled yesterday and I know everyone was frustrated with how the car was handling and responding to the adjustments, but Mike and the crew did a really good job before qualifying to get our car driving a lot better.
Winning the pole was a really positive way to start the day and I’m really proud of my team for doing what needed to be done to get the win today. We also had a really solid day on pit road, which helped us have great track position throughout the race. Just a great team effort today that made for an impressive win for CGR.”
2018 XFINITY Schedule & Stats
|Powershares QQQ 300
|Daytona International Speedway
|Boyd Gaming 300
|Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Kyle Larson went on to finish 2nd in an exciting Cup race the following day in Chicago.
NXS teams will next head to Daytona International Speedway next week for the Coca-Cola Firecraker 250. NBC Sports, MRN and Sirius XM Channel 90 will have live coverage on Sunday, July 6th at 7:30pm ET.