[vimeo id=”130841226″ width=”650″ height=”350″ autoplay=”no” api_params=”” class=””]
Steve Arpin made his debut with Chip Ganassi Racing Teams (CGRT) new Red Bull Global Rallycross (GRC) team on Sunday, May 31 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Arpin and his new Loenbro-backed Ford Fiesta cruised to victories in both his heat and semi-final races, which had him starting second for the final race.
In the final race, Arpin was deemed to have jumped the standing start. Per GRC rules, he was forced to stop in the penalty box and restarted last in the 10 car field. He would gain a couple spots back and finish seventh.
Results from Red Bull Global Rallycross (GRC) in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
1. No. 43 Block, Ford Fiesta
2. No. 41 Speed, Volkswagen
3. No. 07 Piquet Jr., Ford Fiesta
7. No. 00 Arpin, Loenbro Ford Fiesta
NOTES OF INTEREST:
- This was CGRT’s first start in GRC
- This was Arpin’s 19th start in GRC
- Arpin collected his fifth career GRC heat win
Arpin races again on June 6 at the X Games in Austin, Texas.